Former President Trump made at least nine posts on his social media platform Truth Social on Thursday night and Friday morning to slam the prime-time Jan. 6 hearing.
Driving the news: “So the Unselect Committee of political HACKS refuses to play any of the many positive witnesses and statements, refuses to talk of the Election Fraud and Irregularities that took place on a massive scale, and decided to use a documentary maker from Fake News ABC to spin only negative footage,” Trump wrote on Thursday night.
- “Our Country is in such trouble!” he added.
State of play: During its prime-time hearing, the Jan. 6 committee tied the former president to the violence of that day.
- “President Trump summoned the mob, assembled the mob, and lit the flame,” Vice Chair Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) said.
- Cheney said that testimony will reveal Trump saying that former Vice President Mike Pence “deserves” to be hanged.
- The committee also played video clips showing Trump cabinet members, including former Attorney General Bill Barr, saying that the false claims about the 2020 presidential election were illegitimate.
- “I told the president it was b******t. I didn’t want to be a part of it,” Barr said in a closed-door video aired during the hearing.